Tuesday 8 January 2013

Top wedding cake toppers!

If you're anything like me, you can appreciate a nice cake. With icing, and chocolate... And sprinkles... Ahem! So in the spirit of all things 'wedding cake' I've gone on the hunt for cake toppers.

I was blown away by how creative some couples can be when it comes to how they choose to top their wedding cake. Here are my top 10:

1. Lego cake topper
You may have gathered that we're big Lego fans chez Ree, your imagination is the limit!

So cool! Would be tempted to put some LED lights in there too!

2. Alien couple
Love the Alien movies? Why not pay homage to the creations of H.R. Giger by putting them on top of your cake? Aliens need love too!

There's something so cute about this, even in biomechanoid style.


3. Zelda and Link love
We very nearly bought an 8-bit wreath this Christmas, so this is high up on our wish list!

There's something timeless about 8-bit graphics.

4. Marvel Zombies for life.. Erm.. sort of!
This was one that Mr. Ree put forward. We've got a healthy and ever-growing collection of comic books, and love all things zombie related. Combine the two and you've got a pretty awesome cake topper!

Spiderman and Mary Jane zombie style!

5. Memes for every occasion
On the internet, there are things called Memes, so why not put some of your favourites on a cake? When else can you use 'Me gusta' with such zeal?

Which memes would you choose?

6. Lightsaber wedding
Sick of all things cute, white and fluffy in the wedding world? Cut through the crap, and possibly other things with the help of Darth Vader.

Dark, but I like it! (Mwa haw haw!)

7. My friend Totoro
A wedding often brings family, friends and lots of different characters together. How could you possibly leave out your friend Totoro?

It just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

8. Not just for Muppets
I've always thought that Miss Piggy was one of my earliest Feminist role models.. She was strong willed, vocal about what she wanted and wasn't afraid to speak her mind. Quite a character, for a pig puppet, I mean Muppet!

Granted they look a bit wrecked, but maybe this was later on in the night!

9. Burton related goodness
I fell in love with 'The Nightmare before Christmas' film the first time I saw it. I loved the ghoulish feel of the characters, the music and the art of stop motion film making.

For the love of Jack and Sally

10. Room for Space Invaders?
For extra nerdy joy, you could make the Space Invaders out of Lego! Cheap as chips to do, plus you can customise it to suit your wedding colours. Sorted! I'd be tempted to stick a veil and top hat on them too.

Love this idea!


BONUS: I came across this one in my searching and snooping. I have no clue what the background is. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Mermice? Is this a thing?!

1 comment:

  1. I Really like the Jack and Sally cake topper. Do you make them? If not, do you know who does make that one? email me at JHeinick21@aol.com

    ReplyDelete